October assessment learner response



WWW: Good understanding and use of media terminology.
EBI: When analysing products, be as be as specific as you possibly can.


Each mark I achieved for each question:
Q1: 0/2
I think I didn't get marks because I didn't read the question properly. Next time I need to read the question slowly and carefully in order to understand it.
Q2: 1/1

Q3: 2/2

Q4: 1/2
I think I didn't get full marks as I didn't use media terminology to support my answer.

Q5: 1/2
I think I didn't get full marks because I didn't use the right vocabulary to support my answer.

Q6: 2/3
I think I didn't get full marks because I didn't give enough detail to show I understand convention.
Q7: 2/2

Q8: 2/4
 think I didn't get full marks because I didn't understand that there can't be a medium and wide shot, it can only be one, not both. Also because I didn't use enough media terminology.

Q9: 3/9
I think I didn't get full marks because I didn't expand on my answer. I also didn't use enough media terminology and specific references.


Q9 - Redraft

Charities such as water aid use pictures of young children in their advertising because if there was an adult in the advert, it would not persuade and draw attention as they are old enough to get a job. Whereas, if a young child was in the advert it would automatically grab the target audience's attention as he is a young kid and it is very difficult for them to get money and guidance as there are no adults to help. This will persuade the consumer and create sympathy from the consumer which will urge the target audience to donate. 

Another reason is that the setting of the water aid's advert is dry, hot and dirty village which creates intrigue and empathy from the consumer as this young boy is being raised in a dis-comfortable area. From this and his facial expression, we can infer that he is concerned as he needs water to survive which inveigles the consumer.

Also, charities predominantly use emotive images to inscribe their charity because realistically, children are involved with innocence which is why images of them will convince and peek the consumers interest and generosity. Also, children make people want to protect them so this appeals to the consumers who have children.The image is rapidly identifiable to the consumers because it is involved with a dangerous and water stressed place in the world which seemed to be a issue. This will make the target audience concerned for the child who is in the water aid advert and they might consider donating for the company.
A image of a child that seems to be in need is used so that the target audience will realise this stereotype and the image will persuade them to give money and donate to the company.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Galaxy 'Chauffeur' advert: blog tasks

Industry and audience power essay

Reveal CSP